The Southwest Virginia Heritage Guide lists museums, archives, libraries, resource organizations, and historical sites related to the regionís history and folk culture.

Patrick County

Bob White Covered Bridge
Elamsville Rd. and Bob White Rd., Woolwine 24185
(276) 694-6012
1921 covered bridge over the Smith River. South of Woolwine 1.5 miles on Route 8, east one mile on Route 618, and south .1 mile on Route 869.

Free State of Patrick Internet History Group
www.freestateofpatrick.com

Jackís Creek Covered Bridge
Woolwine Hwy. and Jackís Creek Rd., Woolwine 24185
1914 covered bridge over the Smith River. Route 615 just west of Route 8, two miles south of Woolwine.

Laurel Hill, J.E.B. Stuart Birthplace, Inc.
Route 773 just above Virginia-North Carolina line, Ararat 24053
(276) 251-1833
Historical grave sites, history of J.E.B. Stuartís boyhood.
Guided tours by appointment.

Patrick County Chamber of Commerce
(276) 694-6012
pchamber@swva.net
Local information.
Open Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm.

Patrick County Courthouse
101 West Blue Ridge St., Stuart 24171
(276) 694-7213
1859 antebellum courthouse registered as National Historical Landmark.
Historical records.
Open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm.

Patrick County Genealogy Society
Blue Ridge St., Stuart  24171
Meets at the Community Room at Stuart site of Patrick Henry Community College.
mailto:famalpha@yahoo.com
Genealogical resources and special events.
Meets Jan-Oct, 3rd Tuesday of the month, 6:30 p.m.

Patrick County Historical Society and Museum
116 W. Blue Ridge St., Stuart 24171
(276) 694-2840
Local history and preservation; artifacts made and used in Patrick County.
Open Tues-Sat, 10am-2pm.

Patrick County Library
116 W. Blue Ridge St., Stuart 24171
(276) 694-2840, (276) 694-3352
Genealogical resources.
Open Mon, Wed, 10am-6pm; Tues, Thurs, 10am-8pm; Fri-Sat, 10am-2pm.

Reynolds Homestead Continuing Education Center
463 Homestead Ln., Critz 24082
(276) 694-7181
registrar.reynolds.homestead@vt.edu
1843 house with original furniture; special events and classes.
Open May-Oct, Tues-Sat, 11am-4pm; Sun, 1-4pm.
Admission charged.

Mayberry Presbyterian Church
One of the rock churches built by Rev. Bob Childress.

Mayberry Trading Post
Blue Ridge Parkway and Mayberry Church Rd., Meadows of Dan 24120
(276) 952-2155
Built in 1892. Original store and post office fixtures.

Wood Brothers Racing Museum
21 Performance Dr., Stuart 24171
(276) 694-2121
www.woodbrothersracing.com
Open Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5pm.